It's been a crazy week. We've been digging through the Governor's budget proposal to try and understand the depth and breadth of the cuts she is proposing, and we've been scrambling to get ready for the first week of session.
While it's impossible to anticipate everything, we do have a preliminary list of lobbying assignments. Members and staff who have comments/questions/suggestions about a particular issue are encouraged to contact the WFSE lobbyist assigned to that area.
- Child Care
- DSHS Childrens/Foster Care
- DSHS Economic Services (incl. GA-U)
- Early Learning
- Employment Security
- General Government (incl. GA, DIS, CTED, etc.)
- Health Care
- Higher Education
- Labor & Industries
- Fish & Wildlife
- DSHS Dev Disabilities (incl. Yakima Valley School)
- DSHS Juvenile Rehab (incl. Naselle Youth Camp)
- DSHS Mental Health
- DSHS Special Commitment Center
- Other DSHS
- Collective Bargaining
- WA Management Service
- Transportation (incl. DOT, DOL, WSP, etc.)
- Coalitions/External Relations
- Afternoon naps
Obviously, we're missing some things. Likewise, we will always be confronted with issues that we didn't anticipate. Still, we're off and running, and looking forward to working with everyone. Please let us know if we've missed something important or if there is anything we can do to help you. And, as long as you've read this far, don't forget to sign up to be a member lobbyist!